Monday, April 29, 2013

PEI, Halifax and Country Island Preps.

Well, I may not be able to post any photos for a while, but I'll try to update the blog with interesting tidbits throughout the summer.  There is little internet access from Country Island, so I won't have a lot of room to upload photos.  **Any reccomendations to  decrease photo file size would be much appreciated** (I may try to convert some photos to JPEG).

PEI was a blast, seeing family, and a bit of the country side.  I think the total red fox count in the 4 days I was there was 7!

We left for Halifax on Thursday, and drove through Wolfville and Lunenberg to see some of Nova Scotia's diverse scenery.... I spent Friday night and Saturday night at a friends' place who is also going to Country Island, and Sunday I got a Hotel in Dartmouth near the office.

I haven't seen any extremely interested wildlife yet (Common Eiders, Iceland Gulls top the list for me)... but it was great walking along the Halifax waterfront and Point Pleasent Park.  This past week a Little Egret (A pretty rare bird), has been spotted about 16km from my Hotel, and I have not been able to look for it....

Anyways, we bought 3 months worth of groceries today, and have most of our gear ready to get packed.  Tomorrow will be the packing day, and if I have time, I may try and go look for that Egret!  Plan is to leave for Country Island on Wednesday morning (bright and early!), just praying that the fog holds off...

I'll write another post before I head out,

Brennan

No comments:

Post a Comment